Sunday 22 July 2012

Firdous E Bareen

Someone in watching us.

We're spotting people around, staring in at us through the window. Maybe just regular people, but probably not. We're scared to move. Kari's still here, still not allowed out of the room. Natalie and I also haven't gone out of the hotel room but that's voluntary.

Natalie is...I don't know quite how to put it. She's disengaged. She's not responding with any real enthusiasm since Kari admitted she'd sold us out. She's not talking to Kari, and is fairly monosyllabic with me. She spends a lot of time in the bathroom, door unlocked, just sitting in the empty bath. Sometimes for hours at a time. I've never seen her so scared.

It's almost like we're back in Avondale.

I can see them. Shadows in the dark.

Someone is watching us. It's starting, and that terrifies me.

No comments:

Post a Comment